KOH DOKMAI SCUBA DIVING
3 Dives at 4000 THB All Inclusive
KOH DOKMAI :
The small limestone island stretches vertically out from the sea and is around 30 meters deep that creating a wall all around. The western side is a mildly sloping hard coral reef that stretches from 12 to 20 meters with plenty of colorful sea life adorning its underwater cliffs.
The east wall is more popular with scuba divers and stretches down to about 25 meters. This site is a site full of yellow tube corals, harps, sea fans, anemones, and sponges to see. You can also discover a few caves along the base of the wall here. You may need a torch to see the remarkable limestone architecture.
Most visited is the big cave in the southeast. The small cave however is narrow and long, so less experienced divers are not encouraged to penetrate the cave. Another small cavern has a ‘fresh air’ spot at the top of it. However, it is not recommended to breathe that air.
- Visibility 5-20M
- Difficulty : Advanced
- Current : Moderate to Strong
- Dive Level Recommendation : Advanced ++
Depending on the direction of the tide, the usual direction for the dive will be from the far left or right of the southern face. This inclines down to around 25 meters with a very gradual descent. While looking at the nooks in the wall or the sea fans, you will be able to see many small creatures inhabited there.
The walls are home to colorful nudibranchs, flatworms, tiny white eyes morays, and a group of ten or more dancing shrimp that almost always make an appearance. Soft and hard corals can also be found snug against the wall, the yellow tube corals making the best of the bunch. The lively yellow tiger-tale seahorse seems to flourish here as well as the ornate ghost pipefish. In addition, anglerfish are among the species frequently found.
A favorite of many macro photographers, you will be able to see many yellow line snappers, trevallies, and fusilier hunts. Concealed among the corals are the white-eye moray, giant moray, and Honeycomb moray eels, that are used to divers floating by and they are not shy at all. For those attracted to bigger fish, you can look at the blue for great barracuda and if you are lucky leopard shark may catch a few winks at the bottom of the wall.
All you need to know about diving with us to Koh Dokmai
- Our team will pick you up from your hotel at 7:15 am and drop you at our Boat at Chalong Pier.
- Once on the boat, you will enjoy a hearty breakfast buffet on board and we will continue to serve you snacks and drinks throughout the trip.
- A lunch buffet is also served with all dietary requests taken into account. If you wish to order a vegetarian meal, please contact Scubadeep’s staff once you board.
- Next, you will be briefed by your instructor regarding the use of all diving equipment, dive sites, and what to expect from each dive location including all safety-related matters.
- After the trip, we will drop you off at your hotel.
What’s included in your Trip.
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off on all days to most locations.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and refreshments on the boat.
- A complimentary Scubadeep T-shirt that you can collect from our dive center in Chalong.
Here’s what’s not included:
- The package does not include any underwater videos and pictures. But they can be requested from the diving staff on board with charges of 1000 THB per day.
- For certain locations, additional charges for pick and drop may apply. These include areas that are Surin onwards to Maikhao beach or the North of Phuket.
- 600 Baht Entry Fees to the Phi Phi Islands. You can pay 600 Baht per person to park officials.