PADI Open Water Course
Three Days – Six Dives THB 14,000 – All inclusive
Free Scubadeep T-Shirt *to be picked up from our location in Patong.
The PADI Open Water Course in Phuket equips the divers with the essential knowledge and skills to dive recreationally on their own or with a bunch of friends. With a blend of sites, the divers get to widen their experience. Some of these include;
- First day trip dives to Racha Noi & Yai where the visibility is usually great, with beautiful corals, incredible marine life, and a chance to see giant manta rays based upon the conditions. Racha Islands is ideal for practicing your skills and getting you confident under water.
- Second day trips dive to Phi Phi Islands & Shark Point, where there is a possibility of seeing sharks and turtles.
All you need to know about your PADI Open Water Course, Phuket with Scubadeep
Online Theory Course
- Once your booking is Confirmed with Scubadeep, you will be assigned a PADI E-Learning where you would need to log onto the PADI Website or via the PADI with the username/password that we assign
- You would then require to watch videos and conduct your theory online. The session is divided into 5 different sections.
- PADI E-Learning in provided in all Languages.
Day 1 – Pool
- You would need to arrive at our Scubadeep Shop at 9.00am, from there we would take you to the Pool for your training session.
- Here you will be introduced to your PADI instructor who will supervise you through the next three days.
- You would undergo practical training with your instructor in a swimming pool. This includes clearing water from a flooded mask, regulator recovery, putting on your equipment’s in the correct order, learning to breathe underwater, and mastering buoyancy control.
- You would be required to swim 200 Meters without your dive equipments and 10 minutes of floating without equipments.
Day 2 & 3
- We will pick you up from the hotel at 7:15 am and bring you to the diving boat.
- You will be served a sumptuous breakfast, lunch, snacks, and refreshments on the boat.
- Your first diving day would be at Racha Islands due to the ease of the dive site, calm waters, and very clear visibility with sandy bottoms to practice your skills.
- Here you will be given a full brief of the dive site ahead of all dives, and what to expect to see. This brief will also be a revision of the skills you’ve mastered in the pool the day before and their practical demonstration.
- You will complete a total of six dives at the chosen dive sites over the course of 2 days
- The first dive on day 3, will qualify you as a qualified Open Water Diver.
The last two dives are completely complimentary so you can enjoy the beautiful underwater world as a qualified open water diver to get you more comfortable after your certification.
The first dive day 3, will qualify you as a qualified Open Water Diver.
- All Padi materials, fees, certifications, and equipment
- First day Pool dive
- Six dives where students will scuba dive at Racha Yai, Racha Noi and Phi Phi Islands.
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off on all days to most locations.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and refreshments on the boat on the 2nd/3rd day of your course.
- A complimentary Scubadeep T-shirt which you can from our dive center in Chalong.
Here’s what’s not included:
- Meals at the pool are not included.
- The package does not include any underwater videos and pictures. But they can be requested from the diving staff on board with charges of 1000 THB per day.
- For certain locations, additional charges for pick and drop may apply. These include areas that are Surin onwards to Maikhao beach or the North of Phuket.
- Food on Day 1 at the Pool.
- Park Fees for Phi Phi Islands only are 600 THB per person. These can be paid directly to the park officials.
Minimum Requirements for the PADI Open Water course in Phuket:
- Students need to be 10 years or older to enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course or PADI Junior Open Water Diver course. For the PADI eLearning, they need to be 13 years as per the international requirements.
- Students should be able to swim.
- Divers below the age of 15 would be certified as a Junior PADI Open Water Diver and would automatically change status to PADI Open water once they reach the age of 15.
**Please note that you required to know how to swim for 200 meters (any stroke) or swim with mask, fin and snorkel as well as float/tread water for 10 minutes. This is mandatory to pass the course**
- Be in good health.
- Be free of any underlying health conditions.
** Please inform our staff beforehand if you suffer from any health conditions
Please complete and sign the PADI Open Water course Medical Statement HERE)
What makes the Scubadeep Open Water Course in Phuket stand apart from other dive centres?
- We offer the most competitive prices, extra value, and a variety of free added services to our customers.
- Our customers come first. We are the first Phuket dive center to base our business model on guaranteeing excellent customer service.
- We have our own Dive Boat, M/V SIROLO, that offers us flexibility in operations and management and allows our customers to enjoy a comfortable trip. You could view our Boat here.
- The skillset and instructions we teach are designed through comprehensive theoretical and practical sessions for ease of understanding. We also offer them in various languages for better understanding.
- We are very strict when it comes to maintaining our quality, and safety standards and for this reason, we do not hire freelancers. Our instructors are our permanent staff here at Scubadeep.
- Ensuring safety is our number one priority. So while you dive independently with us, our instructors always stay alert and close by to offer any assistance if needed.
- We replace and maintain our equipment regularly for optimal performance.
- We prefer small groups of students and divers per instructor for better learning.
- We offer a full refund policy unlike any other dive center in Phuket. Just request it 24 hours prior to your dive date.